10 Most important SEO factors for small businessAuthor: Jake | Created: 08-01-2021
SEO is made up of multiple different elements, and knowing what they are and how they work is key to understanding why SEO is so important. In short, SEO is significant because it makes your website more visible, and that means more traffic and more opportunities to convert visitors into customers.
Beyond that, it is also a valuable tool for brand awareness, building relationships with prospects, and positioning yourself as an authoritative and trustworthy expert in your field.
The Crucial Elements Of SEO
Below is a list of important factors in SEO ranking.
1. Keywords keywords must be well-researched, carefully chosen, and judiciously used in your content in order to be effective. Keywords are words and phrases that search engines use to match a user to a website.
2. Content Content is one of the most important aspects of developing a good SEO ranking, which is why it is vital to get the content right. Content comes in many forms, including:
Web page content Videos Blogs Infographics Podcasts Whitepapers and e-books Social media posts
3. Off-Page SEO This is where your SEO ranking is improved externally from the site, one of the most important ways of achieving this is quality link building from external sites. This tells search engines that your site is valuable, and this builds authority.
4. Local SEO Local SEO is becoming increasingly important as more people make use of their mobile phones to search for nearby restaurants, bars and so on. Having a high local SEO will enable a user to find you on the web when searching for things nearby.
5. Search Engine Marketing SEM refers to paid marketing efforts, including PPC's (pay per clicks) such as Google Ads, Bing Ads, and also social media ads. Although SEM isn't a major factor in building your SEO, it has it's uses.
6. Visibility and Rankings One of the most important functions of SEO is increasing visibility, which makes it easier for prospects to find you when they search for something you have to offer.
The higher you rank on a search engine result page (SERP), the more likely prospects are to see you and click through to your site. The more effective your SEO efforts, the higher your ranking and the better your visibility, which is especially important when recent research has shown over a quarter of people on the web dont click passed page 1.
7. Web Traffic Getting web traffic is one of the most important goals in having a strong SEO ranking. Consider this, nearly 33% of clicks go to the first ranking page, and the first five listings on a search engine get over 75% of all clicks.
8. Authority The concept of authority is relatively new in SEO, but it’s becoming increasingly important to search engines because it’s becoming more important to web users. Authority means that your website is trustworthy, high quality, relevant, and has something to offer.
9. Creating a Better Visitor Experience Making sure your website is responsive and loads fast is essential in a visitors experiance. Nearly 50% of consumers expect a page to load within two seconds, and the longer the load time, the higher the bounce rate and the lower your conversions.
10. Be Careful Choosing the wrong company to manage your SEO can have a heavy penalties. Using Black Hat techniques will get your site penalised, which will have huge impacts to your SEO ranking.
Other things that will go against you are:
If a site doesn’t have a proper link structure, then search engines may not crawl and index the site properly, and this can lower rankings. Coding errors can block search engines entirely, making it impossible for your site to rank, no matter how much time you put into other SEO efforts. Duplicate pages, forms, images, flash, audio files, video, and other non textual content (which can not be parsed effectively by search engine robots) language and semantics.
Rococo Digital Flexible SEO Packages
SEO is vital for a website to succeed. The combination of a solid website design and having ongoing SEO will allow your business to be successful.
At Rococo Digital, we make sure every website we design has SEO in mind. After the design and development we offer great flexible SEO Packages to get your site ranking using organic techniques which have been proven to work.
Contact us today and make the step to getting your business the success it deserves.